Friday, February 26, 2010

Twin Lens Images

I've become somewhat numbed by the plethora of mediocrity (I'm being polite) within the wedding photography genre at large but every so often I get a glimmer of hope and sometimes I get to see genius, as in Kitty and Craig Fritz of Twin Lens Images. they have managed to do what many claim to do, namely the seamless blending of incredible documentary and fine art photography. As their name suggests they shoot with Twin Lens Reflex cameras, why are TLR cameras so amazing to work with, I don't know they just are. check out Kiity and Craig's work @ www.twinlensimages.com you'll be inspired.

1 comment:

  1. Richard, I'm with you here. I use Rolleiflex for most of my work, coupled with a no2 Rolleinar they really make wonderful images.
    My Model is a 3,5F
    http://photo-utopia.blogspot.com/2009/10/rolleiflex-35f.html

    It is good to stumble on blogs such as yours, sometimes I feel like I'm one of the few film shooters in my area. Aside from APUG there doesn't seem to be too many who are vocally supporting the medium.
    For me it has been wonderful to use film again, if ti does die out at least I can say I have the experience.
    Regards
    Mark

    ReplyDelete